This position will perform Accounts Payable processing to include vendor invoices, expense reports and reconciling credit card charges and payments. The incumbent will process Payroll on a semi-monthly basis, process payroll taxes and all State tax submittals, including Sales and Use Tax. Will maintain a log of assets and equipment, process credit applications with requested vendors and ensure Commercial and Clinical insurance renewals. This position reports to the Chief Operations Officer.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Perform reporting and accounting in accordance with regulatory and legal requirements including state and local taxes.
- Prepare standard and specialized financial reports (e.g., balance sheets, monthly closing reports) according to Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) or other regulatory requirements
- Maintain appropriate internal control safeguards
- Ensure records and systems are maintained in accordance with GAAP
- Prepare GL entries, reconcile all ledger accounts, prepare schedules
- Enforce expense control measures through expense detail reviews
- Furnish internal reports, revise and update reports to be more useful and efficient, as necessary
- Assist in preparing the weekly, monthly, quarterly, statements, special analyses, and information reports
- Provide overall assistance to the Chief Operations Officer
- Work with internal groups to maintain adherence to accounting guidelines
- Other related responsibilities as required
Required Training & Education
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or Accounting
- Four to five years of accounting experience
- Knowledge of GAAP
- Knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, and cost control principles
- Knowledge of federal and state tax regulations.
Required Experience & Knowledge
- Possess a high level of integrity and the ability to maintain strict confidentiality
- Able to question and listen for the purpose of gaining understanding
- Able to organize and manage both information and time effectively
- Able to produce quality materials within tight timeframes and simultaneously handle multiple projects and deadlines.
- Advanced knowledge and use of QuickBooks
- Superior MS Office skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
Interested candidates are encouraged to apply by sending a resume and/or a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration. Kona Medical is an equal opportunity employer and supports diversity in the workplace.
Kona Medical is a venture-funded medical device company focused on developing game-changing technology for noninvasively treating hypertension. Based in Bellevue, WA, the company comprises a multidisciplinary team of seasoned, highly motivated professionals committed to establishing a world-class product.